We may change this policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure you’re happy with any changes. Continued use of the website implies acceptance of the policy.
How do we collect information?
BPCA collects and processes data about you when:
- information is collected from member firm representatives to ensure individuals receive relevant information
- you provide information by filling in an application form downloaded from our website bpca.org.uk
- you register for access to the BPCA website through the Affiliate Scheme or register for any of our events
- you sign up to receive email newsletters
- you complete surveys that we use for research purposes
- you make purchases from the BPCA website
- you visit our website, leaving information about your computer and visits
- you contact us via phone, email or in person, when we may keep your contact details
- you are the primary contact of a BPCA member company
The information is used to manage member access and offer you the option to subscribe to various BPCA interest groups and distribution lists. You may choose to opt-out of these at any time.
If you make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of debit/credit card transactions. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
- to provide you with information relating to membership of BPCA, information related to our website, services which you request from us or for the registration of events;
- to provide you with information on other services that we feel may be of interest to you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website, interest groups or events;
- to seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- for our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, site performance and evaluation to improve our website;
- to administer this website;
As a member organisation we have obligations to ensure all our members receive certain information, including on governance matters.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as it is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as it is set out in our contract with the Member company.
As a member of BPCA you’ll continue to receive emails from us, including our monthly Bulletin and the occasional Newsflash.
You can click unsubscribe at the bottom of these emails to stop receiving them, however, opting out of promotional emails will not stop all communication from us. By becoming a member of the BPCA, your firm is signing you up to receive certain information related to the organisation.
It is a constitutional requirement for us to send this information to you.
In certain cases, we are also required to collect information about your employees to satisfy membership criteria.
If you are a non-member of BPCA, such as a commercial partner or someone who once attended an event, or on our Affiliate Scheme, you can choose to opt in or out of further contact with us.
We also receive non-member data through networking and events (eg business cards) and add these details, if relevant, onto our database.
The Affiliate Scheme is a free service where you get BPCA email communications, such as our Bulletin, as well as a copy of PPC magazine in print, and access to the BPCA website (log in details provided. You will be added to the Affiliate Scheme if:
- you fill in our online Affiliate Scheme form here
- if you do any online learning or a CPD quiz with us
- if you've asked any of the BPCA staff to add you to the scheme over the phone or at an event
- if your employer has asked us to add you to the Affiliate Scheme
- if you work for a BPCA member company and your employer has provided us with your details
You can leave the scheme at any time. Please just contact email@example.com
Who has access to your information?
BPCA will not sell, share or lease the personal information we collect about you with any third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We are required to share some of your personal details with partners who act on our behalf to provide you with Member benefits. They will not use your details for marketing purposes.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely on all our systems. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the BPCA website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
You have a right to complain to the ICO if they think there is a problem with the way BPCA are handling your data.
There are different types of cookies based on their use:
- Some cookies we use to remember your preferences for tools found on our website, so you don’t have to re-enter them each time you switch a page or each time you visit. They will remember your user login, the language you prefer and help speed up your searches.
- Some are created and used by web analytics software (such as Google Analytics) to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit the website. Unless you are signed into the site, these cookies cannot be used to identify you personally. If you are logged in, the login process links you to your stored membership record that includes your username and email address.
- When you register with us, we generate cookies which signal whether you are signed in or not. We use these cookies to determine which account you are signed in with, and if you should get access to a service.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How do I opt out?
You have the choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us then you can change your preferences or completely unsubscribe in one of three ways:
- Click here to manage your preferences
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘change preferences’ link at the bottom of newsletters and emails sent to you
- Email or telephone 01332 225 112 and we will process your request within 7 days
Website terms and conditions
The term the British Pest Control Association or ‘us' or ‘we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 4A Mallard Way, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8GX . Our company is registered in England and Wales, company number 01641661. The term ‘you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
You can view our Cookies Policy here.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the British Pest Control Association and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the British Pest Control Association. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the British Pest Control Association takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Our complaints procedure for complaining about a member or BPCA itself is available here.
Please not we cannot accept complaints about non-BPCA member pest management companies.
This website and its content is copyright of the British Pest Control Association©. The British Pest Control Association 2017. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.